Star Employee Award Program
The Star Employee may be nominated by anyone.
To qualify for nomination, employees:
- Must have been with an Office of Administration division for at least three months with no disciplinary action pending or initiated in the last three to six months.
- Must not have been the recipient of the award more than once during four consecutive quarters
- All employees who meet the criteria above are eligible for this nomination
- Up to 10 employees will be awarded per quarter. Consideration to increase this amount may be granted for extenuating circumstances.
Nominations should be based on at least one of the following criteria:
- Consistent, exemplary job performance OR a special one-time achievement;
- Demonstrated desirable customer service skills;
- Contributions toward the University's lean initiative (save resources, etc.);
- Overall positive working relationships with supervisor and peers;
- Dedication and commitment to a work ethic above and beyond the minimum required.
The Office of Administration Oustanding Employee Award will be presented two times per year.
- Any UT Dallas employee or student may submit an email to email@example.com detailing the significant contribution(s) of a Office of Administration employee as a Star Award nominee by the 10th day of the month preceding the award ceremony.
- The committee chair will compile and forward all nominations to the Office of Human Resources representative for approval to officially add the nominee to the ranking sheet.
- The HR representative will respond to the committee chair with an approval to advance the nominee in the selection process (or disapproval with a basic reason).
- If a department’s nominee is not approved and there is not another nominee represented by that department, then the committee chair will request a nominee from the department head, informing him/her of the ineligibility of the previously submitted nominee. Steps 2 & 3 will be repeated for the nominee.
- The committee chair will add all eligible nominees to the ranking sheet and will forward it along with the compiled nomination submissions to the committee.
- Committee members will review the nominations on their own first and will discuss as a group during an in-person meeting. Note: If there are more than 10 submissions for the quarter, each committee member will rank all of the nominees.
- If a ranking is necessary, the committee chair will collect the ranking sheets and will tally the results privately.
- The committee chair will present the names of the ten honorees (in no particular order) to the Vice President for the Office of Administration and the committee in confidence.
- A Office of Administration staff member will coordinate the securing of the awards.
- During the awards ceremony, the Vice President of the Office of Administration will announce the names of the honorees and will present each with a Star Employee certificate.