School: School of Arts and Humanities
Program: Arts and Technology
Test Score Required: NA
Catalog Page: PhD
- An M.A. or M.S. in an appropriate field;
- 6 SCH in advanced undergraduate or graduate courses in computer programming;
- A grade point average in graduate level courses of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale; Three letters of recommendation from individuals qualified to assess the applicant’s academic preparation and probability of success in doctoral level graduate study;
Admissions Essay: An admission essay and portfolio of writing and/or relevant achievement.
- The essay (approximately 650 words) should reflect the applicant’s academic current or long-range interests and goals in research, teaching or other professional activities, and clearly indicate how the ATEC Ph.D. program might enable the pursuit of them.
- The portfolio should include any publications or other evidence of scholarly or creative endeavor achieved by the applicant and list academic and professional organizations in which the applicant is active and any fellowships, scholarships, or other honors received.
- Applications will be reviewed by the ATEC Graduate Studies Committee.
- The Admissions Essay may be sent directly to the program or submitted online.
Office: ATC 3.3.613
Tenure line faculty positions in colleges and universities; Digital content, mobile application and software design; Researcher in computer science applied to digital media; Human to computer interface researcher
See Bureau of Labor Statistics for detailed salary information on these careers. Another great resource is the Occupational Outlook Handbook.