Steps After Admission
- Accept your offer of admission.
- Submit official transcripts and other official documentation.*
- Submit any outstanding required documents before enrollment.
- Apply for financial aid.
- Apply for on-campus housing.
- Attend graduate student orientation.
- Find your academic advisor in the degrees offered page.
- Decide what courses you are going to take with the course lookup.
- Register for classes.
- Pay for classes.
- Get your parking decal.
- Get your Comet Card (student ID card).
- Create your NetID and e-mail address.
- Consider getting involved in one of UTD's many student organizations.
- Students may elect to defer admission for one year. The deferment form is accessible through Galaxy under Orion Self-Service in the Admissions Forms Folder.
*To submit your official transcripts and other documents, you may use one of the following electronic uploading systems: Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, eSCRIP-SAFE, Credentials Solutions, Standardization of Postsecondary Education Data Exchange (SPEEDE), Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS), TrueCopy (international) or WES International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP).
If your college or university does not support sending official documents electronically, the documents should be mailed to our mailing address in a sealed envelope by the issuing institution:
Office of Admission and Enrollment
The University of Texas at Dallas
800 W. Campbell Road
Richardson, TX 75080-3021
- Contact the program to which you have applied in order to confirm program requirements. Program-specific information can be found on our list of degrees offered. Individual graduate programs may require additional documentation and/or test scores. Even after you have been admitted, you may still have requirements that must be met before you can register for classes.
- International applicants: Review your additional application requirements.