What is Confucius Classroom?
Confucius Classroom is a special program initiated and supported by the Confucius Institute Headquarters. It is usually established in local primary or secondary schools. The goal is to help the schools to start or strengthen their Chinese language and culture program by gaining support of funds, textbooks, teaching equipment or free teachers. Confucius Institute at UT Dallas is an authorized local management organization of the Confucius Classroom program. Interested schools can apply to establish a Confucius Classroom based on willingness and agreement.
As of June 30, 2014, there are 10 Confucius Classrooms hosted by the following schools in DFW areas:
- Lawrence Dale Bell High School
- Trinity High School, HEB
- Highland Park High School
- Ursuline Academy of Dallas
- Episcopal School of Dallas
- Westwood School
- Highland Park Middle School
- International Leadership of Texas High School – Garland
- International Leadership of Texas Elementary School - Garland
- International Leadership of Texas Elementary School - Arlington