Submissions Accepted: September 1, 2010
We will be accepting general submissions beginning September 1, 2010. Please check back often for updates, new submission guidelines, and announcements.
Update: Sojourn Submissions. Sojourn submissions will resume in September 2010.
Past entry categories include the following:
- Fiction: one story, 5,000 words max
- Poetry: 3-5 poems
- Creative Non-Fiction: 5,000 words max
- Cover: a single image to serve as the cover for the “Best of UTD“ issue
- Translation: 3,000 words max, can be an actual translation and/or a scholarly essay on translation
- Interview: an original interview with an artist, scholar, or someone otherwise involved in the field of the Arts, Humanities, or Technology
- Academic essays and articles: 4,000 words max, History, Literature, Foreign Languages, EMAC, ATEC, Philosophy
- Performance Art projects, articles, reviews, critiques: Music, Theater, Dance, Film, Visual Arts, 4,000 words max, accompanying still images or graphics, and electronic links to video (through Sojourn website) available
- Visual Art: at least 3 distinct images, including drawing, digital, other 2-dimensional formats, and photography
Send entries in electronic format to Sojourn.UTD@gmail.com or drop off a hard copy at JO 4.904. The deadline for entries is December 15th. Only one entry per student per category. Students can submit an entry in more than one category.
[ top ]