ALTA invites the active participation of all those interested in literary translation. Membership in ALTA entitles you to the following benefits upon joining:
- Access to the members-only section of the ALTA website, which includes an opportunity to post a personalized Member Profile, where you can post your professional biography, links to a personal/professional website, videos, blogs, or podcasts
- Additionally, the Member Profile page comes with an option to make your profile accessible to the public.
- The ALTA Newsletter – published several times a year, available online and via email for members
- The opportunity to post your recent announcements (i.e. publications, readings) in the Newsletter or calendar (i.e. calls for submissions, readings, gatherings).
- Two issues yearly of Translation Review – via regular mail and online
- Two issues yearly of Annotated Books Received – available online
- The opportunity to join (or form) smaller literary translation groups in your local area.
- Subscription to the ALTalk newsgroup, which enables you to converse, collaborate, or discuss questions with other ALTA colleagues. Additionally, you can find a mentor or become a mentor for a beginning translator through ALTalk.
- Access to the Board of Directors’ quarterly meeting minutes
- ALTA voting privileges
Please consider joining us. Together we bridge languages and cultures through the art of literary translation.
|Annual membership dues:
2012 or 2013 (Calendar Year) Membership
Joint Household (1 copy of publications)
Life-time membership (Single or Joint)
The above rates are payable in U.S. dollars only, drawn only on U.S. banks. All contributions are tax deductable for U.S. citizens.
Sign-up for Regular Membership Online.
You may pay for your membership online via our secure website.
At this time we accept Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card only.
Or you may print the following form (PDF) and return it with appropriate dues to:
American Literary Translators Association
c/o University of Texas at Dallas
800 W. Campbell Road, JO 51
Richardson, TX 75080-3021
For further assistance or questions, please contact Maria Suarez at email@example.com
Please also consider supporting the ALTA Endowment.
Back to top