ALTA invites the active participation of all those interested in literary translation. Membership in ALTA entitles you to the following benefits upon joining:
- Access to the members-only section of the ALTA website, which includes an opportunity to post a personalized Member Profile, where you can post your professional biography, links to a personal/professional website, videos, blogs, or podcasts
- Additionally, the Member Profile page comes with an option to make your profile accessible to the public.
- The ALTA Newsletter – published several times a year, available online and via email for members
- The opportunity to post your recent announcements (i.e. publications, readings) in the Newsletter or calendar (i.e. calls for submissions, readings, gatherings).
- Three issues yearly of Translation Review – via regular mail and online
- Two issues yearly of Annotated Books Received – available online
- The opportunity to join (or form) smaller literary translation groups in your local area.
- Subscription to the ALTAlk newsgroup, which enables you to converse, collaborate, or discuss questions with other ALTA colleagues. Additionally, you can find a mentor or become a mentor for a beginning translator through ALTalk.
- Access to the Board of Directors’ quarterly meeting minutes
- ALTA voting privileges
Please consider joining us. Together we bridge languages and cultures through the art of literary translation.
The above rates are payable in U.S. dollars only, drawn only on U.S. banks. All contributions are tax deductible for U.S. citizens.
You may pay for your membership for 2014 by check or credit card via this online form.
Credit card charges will appear on your statement from IUBL CONF
For further assistance or questions, please contact María Suárez at email@example.com
Please also consider supporting the ALTA Endowment.
Back to top