Synthesizers, iPads, and Words: The Making of nebulotinklstab
High pitched wails and moans came out of the Motion Capture Lab on April 5 as nebulotinklstab team Dean Terry and Patrick Murphy walked a large, attentive audience through the making of their recently released debut EP.
Terry and Murphy demonstrated the tools used to create their collaborative effort. Both revealed some of the internal production methods used for the music and the video, showing how they combined a multitude of sounds and musical rifts to create a pleasant yet challenging musical endeavor.
Director of Emerging Media and Communications, Dean Terry demonstrated his analog modular synthesizer and Moog guitar, while Patrick Murphy discussed his favorite iPhone and iPad apps to create and modify sounds: Beatwave, Beatmaker 2, SoundPrism, Mod-Axis, and Animoog.
More From Faculty
- Prof Explores Vocabulary, Knowledge in Twitter Project
- Anne Balsamo Appointed Inaugural Dean of ATEC School
- Virtual Reality Scientist Wins CAREER Grant, Targets Training Programs
- Collaborative Minds Bringing Sounds to Brain Data in Yearlong Project
- Speed-Driven Journalism, Social Media Not Slowing Industry Struggles