Synthesizers, iPads, and Words: The Making of nebulotinklstab
High pitched wails and moans came out of the Motion Capture Lab on April 5 as nebulotinklstab team Dean Terry and Patrick Murphy walked a large, attentive audience through the making of their recently released debut EP.
Terry and Murphy demonstrated the tools used to create their collaborative effort. Both revealed some of the internal production methods used for the music and the video, showing how they combined a multitude of sounds and musical rifts to create a pleasant yet challenging musical endeavor.
Director of Emerging Media and Communications, Dean Terry demonstrated his analog modular synthesizer and Moog guitar, while Patrick Murphy discussed his favorite iPhone and iPad apps to create and modify sounds: Beatwave, Beatmaker 2, SoundPrism, Mod-Axis, and Animoog.
More From Faculty
- ATEC Professor’s Exhibition Named Best in Dallas
- AIR Time featuring ATEC Professor Todd Fechter
- ATEC Building Offers Bigger Frontier for Jonsson School Researchers
- Panel Discussion on The Art Effect: Translational Ecology of Contemporary Art
- New Hires Help Further Arts and Humanities’ Interdisciplinary Aims