“Acoustic Shadows, Transformations” Conference with Cast and Crew at the DMA
Frank and Kristin Lee Dufour and two Arts and Technology graduate students will discuss how they used choreography and lighting to interpret movement in their experimental interactive sound installation, Acoustic Shadows, an Exploration of the Sense of Space.
Acoustic Shadows is an audiovisual immersive and interactive installation that depicts Orpheus surrounded by shadows of the underworld consumed by the shadow of his wife, Eurydice.
The Dufours and the cast and production team will discuss the immersive qualities in the work and the use of choreography and lighting to interpret movement in space. They are interested in exposing the question of unity and identity of a work of art, as it integrates multiple individual talents into a single expression.
The discussion will take place Thursday, May 17, 6:30-8:30 p.m. in The Center for Creative Connections Theater at the Dallas Museum of Art.
- Announcing STEM to STEAM graduate seminar for Fall 2016, ATEC UT Dallas.
- ATEC Professor Named Recipient of UT System’s 2016 Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Award.
- Prof Explores Vocabulary, Knowledge in Twitter Project
- Anne Balsamo Appointed Inaugural Dean of ATEC School
- Virtual Reality Scientist Wins CAREER Grant, Targets Training Programs