Enhancing Collaboration Between the Arts, Sciences and Engineering
Roger Malina, Distinguished Professor of Arts and Technology and Professor of Physics at UT Dallas, will lead a discussion at Hexagram-Concordia Centre for Research-Creation in Media Arts and Technologies and attempt to shed light on the concepts of efficiency and acceleration when researchers from the arts, humanities and engineering work collaboratively.
Malina will discuss what is new in the emerging and rapidly growing field of art-science collaboration, and examine some of the obstacles and opportunities that are appearing. The discussion will be held Friday, Nov. 16.
This event is the first of Hexagram | CIAM’s 2012-13 public programming with a new partnership with PHI Center, which focuses on their complementary mandates, bringing academic research-creation and quality dissemination to the Montreal community.
More From Faculty
- ATEC Building Offers Bigger Frontier for Jonsson School Researchers
- Panel Discussion on The Art Effect: Translational Ecology of Contemporary Art
- New Hires Help Further Arts and Humanities’ Interdisciplinary Aims
- ATEC Professor Explores Applications for Non-narrative Animation
- ATEC Professor Exhibited by The Dallas Contemporary