Resume and Portfolio Session: Big Design Workshop
This free event will help you get your resume and portfolio reviewed before the Big Design Conference. In this workshop, you will learn how to write a better resume from some leading experts:
- Soowan Scheuermann – Director, Creative Group
- Brian Sullivan – Founder, Big Design Conference
- Shauna Thompkins – Manager, Creative Group
- Ian Fenn – UX Designer, Chopstix Media
Participants will see a presentation on resume writing. They will have time to work on updating their resume. Brian and Shauna will review resumes. Soowan and Ian will do portfolio reviews.
This class, which takes place on Thursday, Sept. 4 in Addison, is limited to the first 100 registrants. Sign up online through Eventbrite. The class is free. Donations are accepted, which will go to a local charity.
About the Big Design Conference
This year’s Big Design Conference (Sept. 4-6) hosts four insightful keynote speakers and 70 talks ranging from web, mobile, inspirational design, usability, social media, game design, film-making, code development, search engine optimization, content strategy, and instructional design.
Keynote speaker Phil Tippett’s career in visual effects has spanned more than 30 years and includes 2 Academy Awards, 6 Academy Award nominations, 1 BAFTA, 4 BAFTA nominations, 2 Emmys and the advent of modern digital effects in motion pictures. Tippet’s work includes visual effects for Star Wars, Robocop, Jurassic Park, Starship Troopers and the Twilight series.
Learn more at the Big Design Conference website.
- Speed-Driven Journalism, Social Media Not Slowing Industry Struggles
- Emerging Media Expert to Discuss Interactive Projects on Feb. 18
- Media Artist Explores Digital Labor, Teaches Humanity
- EMAC Graduate Caps Stellar Career in Basketball, Academics
- ATEC Team Developing Virtual Teachers to Help Dyslexic Students