Areas of Specialization3D Computer Animation
Todd Fechter‘s professional background is in the field of 3D computer animation. He has experience working on both television and film productions, which he gained while employed at DNA Production, Inc from September 2002 through June of 2006. There he held the position of Head of Environment Modeling, where he led a team of eight modelers in the planning and creation of all environments and props.
After leaving DNA Productions he worked as a freelance 3D artist providing both modeling and texturing services for various companies including Jeep, Ember Studios, Reel FX Entertainment and NASA.
In October 2006 Fechter accepted a position at Element X Creative as Head of Modeling. There he worked on various projects ranging from promotions to a direct to DVD animated series.
Fechter is currently the Interim Dean of the school of Arts, Technology and Emerging Communication and an Assistant Professor of 3D Computer Animation at UT Dallas. During this time he has been able to integrate his production experience and expertise into his teachings with the goal of better preparing students to reach their professional aspirations.
Todd Fechter in the News
- AIR Time featuring ATEC Professor Todd Fechter
- Animation Students Find Ideal Habitat for Producing ‘Sticky’
- FrightLite to be Screened at Student Filmmakers Association
- The Shadow and Animation of Liz Larner’s X Sculpture
- New 3D Film Celebrates Tricks and Treats
- Best Shorts Competition Awards Honors to ATEC
- Animation Faculty and Alumni Premiere New Films
- ATEC Faculty Participate in Dallas Art Exhibition
- ATEC Students Shine Bright with 3-D Animated Film ‘FrightLite’
- ATEC, EMAC Professors Promoted to Tenured Associate Professors