On the Web
Areas of SpecializationHe is, among other things, a pioneer in computer graphics and arts, human-computer interaction, visualization, semiotics, and anticipatory systems. He founded and directed the world's first Computational Design Program. His current area of research is anticipation/anticipatory systems and anticipatory computation.
Ashbel Smith Professor
Professor of Computer Science and Interactive Media
Director, antÉ - Institute for Research in Anticipatory Systems
Publications: (for a complete listing, go to www.nadin.ws )
Are You Stupid? A Second Revolution Might Save America From Herself. Heidelberg/New York: Synchron Publishers, 2013, 368 pp.
Anticipation: The End Is Where We Start From (English-German-French text). Baden, Switzerland: Lars Müller Publishers, 2003. 129 pp.
The Civilization of Illiteracy. Dresden: Dresden University Press, 1997. 881 pp.
"MIND-Anticipation and Chaos." From the series Milestones in Thought and Discovery (English-German parallel text). Stuttgart/Zürich: Belser Presse, 1991. 176 pp.
Mihai Nadin in the News
- The Intractable and the Undecidable
- G-Complexity, Quantum Computation and Anticipatory Processes
- Dichtung Digital Discusses Technology with Mihai Nadin
- UT Dallas to Honor Faculty in Endowed Chairs, Professorships in Investiture Ceremony
- ‘Mind Gym’ to Aid Study of Preserving Mental Agility
- Researchers Ponder New Field of Anticipation
- Company Founded by UT Dallas Ph.D. Student Receives $1.5M Emerging Technology Grant
- Nadin to Discuss Science of Anticipation
- Scholar Trying to Stimulate Interest In ‘New Science’ of Anticipation
- Renowned Scholar Mihai Nadin Joins Faculty