Applications Open for 2015-2016 ATEC/EMAC Scholarship
The Arts & Technology Scholarship is funded by the Metroplex Technology Business Council 2008 Tech Titan Award and the Greater Texas Foundation. The award is a total of $2000 for one year towards tuition, or $1000 per Fall and Spring semester.
Completed applications are due no later than March 20, 2015.
- Students must be Arts & Technology or Emerging Media & Communication majors.
- Scholarships will be awarded to undergraduates. Applicants must or will be enrolled as full-time students (12 SCH).
- Scholarship recipients must enroll in at least one course in Arts & Technology or Emerging Media & Communication each semester.
- Students must have at least a 3.0 GPA to qualify for the award and to continue to receive the award.
- If a student drops a course and/or earns less than the required GPA, s/he will be placed on probation the following semester and the Arts & Technology Scholarship committee will review her/his case.
- If graduating in December, students who apply during their junior year will receive one-half of the award (for the fall semester of their senior year).
Students must submit the following materials:
- An essay (approximately 250-300 words) in in which you analyze and make an argument about an important example of the intersection of arts and technology (which may include emerging media and communication).
- Up to 2 letters of recommendation that speak to your academic or professional ability.
- Please submit a portfolio web-link of your best material and short description of work submitted (For group work, please describe what your role was in the project).
Limit: 3-5 minutes of a reel or video, 6-8 screen shots or four pages maximum of written work including an abstract. Quality not quantity is vital.
Please send questions regarding the scholarship application to: [email protected]