Stiegler Schools UTD
On April 15, 2011, French new media philosopher Bernard Stiegler stepped into the Arts and Technology building to a room jam-packed with professionals, educators and students awaiting his arrival.
Thanks to Stiegler’s long time friendship with sound design pro Professor Frank Dufour, he happened to be passing through Dallas and agreed to give a talk entitled Forming and Deforming Attention.
The talk centered on the discussion of the importance of education in early development of attentional forms.
Dr. Stiegler is currently the Director of the Georges Pompidou Institute of Research and Innovation in Paris, which aims to anticipate changes in human behavior brought about by the evolution of technology.
He also holds an assistant professorship at the Goldsmith College in London and at the University of Compiegne.
- 19th-Century Photo Technique Comes into Focus at Comer Lecture
- ATEC Undergrad’s Artistic Pursuits Lead to Game Industry Scholarship
- ATEC Alumnus Gabriel Dawe Creates Colorful Illusions for Exhibit
- ATEC Team Receives Healthy Dose of Grants for Virtual Medical Work
- ATEC to Raise HIV/AIDS Awareness with Week of Interactive Events
More From Sound Design
- Interdisciplinary Literature Come Together in ATEC Lab’s New Online Reading Platform
- Collaborative Minds Bringing Sounds to Brain Data in Yearlong Project
- ATEC Professor’s Exhibition Named Best in Dallas
- ATEC Students Design Sound for New Perot Museum
- “Acoustic Shadows, Transformations” Conference with Cast and Crew at the DMA