Stiegler Schools UTD
On April 15, 2011, French new media philosopher Bernard Stiegler stepped into the Arts and Technology building to a room jam-packed with professionals, educators and students awaiting his arrival.
Thanks to Stiegler’s long time friendship with sound design pro Professor Frank Dufour, he happened to be passing through Dallas and agreed to give a talk entitled Forming and Deforming Attention.
The talk centered on the discussion of the importance of education in early development of attentional forms.
Dr. Stiegler is currently the Director of the Georges Pompidou Institute of Research and Innovation in Paris, which aims to anticipate changes in human behavior brought about by the evolution of technology.
He also holds an assistant professorship at the Goldsmith College in London and at the University of Compiegne.
- ATEC Team’s Creation to Add Interactive Harmony to Jazz Artist’s Show
- University Establishes Brettell Award in the Arts in Honor of Educator
- New Living Learning Community to Help Female Students Gain STEAM
- 19th-Century Photo Technique Comes into Focus at Comer Lecture
- ATEC Undergrad’s Artistic Pursuits Lead to Game Industry Scholarship