Stiegler Schools UTD
On April 15, 2011, French new media philosopher Bernard Stiegler stepped into the Arts and Technology building to a room jam-packed with professionals, educators and students awaiting his arrival.
Thanks to Stiegler’s long time friendship with sound design pro Professor Frank Dufour, he happened to be passing through Dallas and agreed to give a talk entitled Forming and Deforming Attention.
The talk centered on the discussion of the importance of education in early development of attentional forms.
Dr. Stiegler is currently the Director of the Georges Pompidou Institute of Research and Innovation in Paris, which aims to anticipate changes in human behavior brought about by the evolution of technology.
He also holds an assistant professorship at the Goldsmith College in London and at the University of Compiegne.
- STEAM Advocate to Share His Vision at Lecture
- Exhibit and Forum Examine Anti-Apartheid and Human Rights Activist
- Freshman’s Design of Gravity-Powered Superhero Draws Scholarship
- UT Dallas Announces Creation of New Arts, Technology School
- DreamWorks Executive Reveals Inner Workings of Animation Process at ATEC Lecture