Artist Talks: Next Topic with Paula Gaetano Adi
CentralTrak, UT Dallas’ artists residency in Deep Ellum, has launched a bi-weekly talk series titled Next Topic. Each session features an artist and culminate with an in-depth discussions between artists, art enthusiasts, and art students and educators from across the Metroplex.
This fall, Next Topic will examine new media art.
Please join us this upcoming Thursday, Oct. 25 for a talk by new media artist Paula Gaetano Adi. Gaetano Adi is an artist and researcher working in sculpture, performance, interactive installation and robotic agents. Using the human and nonhuman body as a point of departure, her work deals with different cultural studies of technoscience, particularly in regard to human subjectivity and how they can be reflected through art. Gaetano Adi holds a MFA with emphasis in Arts & Technology from The Ohio State University. She is currently Assistant Professor of New Media in the University of North Texas – College of Visual Arts and Design.
- Nov 8: Alejandro Borsani
- Nov 29: Brittany Ransom
More From Events
- STEAM Advocate to Share His Vision at Lecture
- Exhibit and Forum Examine Anti-Apartheid and Human Rights Activist
- DreamWorks Executive Reveals Inner Workings of Animation Process at ATEC Lecture
- Media Critic Anita Sarkeesian to Address Gender in Gaming at Lecture
- ATEC Lecture Series Returns on Jan. 28