This Weekend at CentralTrak: Next Topic, Ex Mus and Tiny Thumbs
CentralTrak, the University’s artist residency and gallery, takes another look at new media and sonic art this week and also plans a one-night showing of video game designs created by UT Dallas students.
The CentralTrak gallery and residency are both located at 800 Exposition Ave. in the historic neighborhood of Deep Ellum, near downtown Dallas. For more information, check the CentralTrak website or call (214) 824-9302. These events are free and open to the public.
Next Topic — Thursday, Nov. 8 at 7 p.m.
CentralTrak Talk Series: Next Topic aims to culminate in-depth discussions about art and art practices. This fall, Next Topic examines new media art.
New media artist Alejandro Borsani will discuss his works, which explore the nature of perception and media representation. Borsani holds a MFA in electronic arts from the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY, and an MFA in electronic visualization from the School of Art and Design at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
ex mus – Friday, Nov. 9 at 8 p.m.
ex mus is an experimental music concert series that will highlight the works of both local and international composers and musicians.
The collective of experimental musicians, Andrew Jordan Miller, Jonathan Jackson, Chaz Underriner and Martian Back will kick off the series with their interpretations of Anatassis Phillippakopoulous, a contemporary Greek composer.
This event will be live-streamed at ustream.tv/channel/ex-mus.
Tiny Thumbs — Saturday, Nov. 10, 5-8 p.m.
CentralTrak will present a one-night-only showcase of game design from UT Dallas students. Tiny Thumbs is a pop-up video arcade of sorts, curated by PhD student Kyle Kondas.
- ATEC Student Serves Winning T-Shirt Design for Second Straight Year
- ATEC Juniors Place First in National Game Design Competition
- Interdisciplinary Literature Come Together in ATEC Lab’s New Online Reading Platform
- UX Design Marks Its Spot as Growing Career Path for ATEC Students
- ATEC Professor Roger Malina Receives Honorary Degree
More From Events
- ATEC helps brings experimental films to Nasher
- Unconventional Olympians: EMAC prof to present talk on media project
- Combat Pilot Encourages ATEC Lecture Audience to Fly Past Adversity
- ATEC Lecture Series Resumes on March 22 with Aviation Pioneer
- Emerging Media Expert to Discuss Interactive Projects on Feb. 18