Sculpting a Nano “World”
How many earths can fit on the end of a pin? If your using IBM Zurich’s newest nano-fabrication tool apparently about a hundred. Or close to a thousand if you prefer your scale comparisons to a grain of rice. Using a heated atomic scale silicon probe, scientists at IBM have created a precise method for etching and even sculpting materials on the nanoscale.
- Resume and Portfolio Session: Big Design Workshop
- ATEC Professor Leads Study Revealing Big Story of Cultural Migration
- Summer Camp Sparks Teenage Girls’ Interest in STEM Careers
- $17 Million Contribution Creates Edith O’Donnell Institute of Art History at UT Dallas
- Adobe Creative Cloud World Tour Stops at UT Dallas