Sculpting a Nano “World”
How many earths can fit on the end of a pin? If your using IBM Zurich’s newest nano-fabrication tool apparently about a hundred. Or close to a thousand if you prefer your scale comparisons to a grain of rice. Using a heated atomic scale silicon probe, scientists at IBM have created a precise method for etching and even sculpting materials on the nanoscale.
More From EMAC
- Interdisciplinary Literature Come Together in ATEC Lab’s New Online Reading Platform
- UX Design Marks Its Spot as Growing Career Path for ATEC Students
- EMAC Professor Earns System Teaching Award
- Study Explores How Trustful Online Gamers Are with Their Information
- Unconventional Olympians: EMAC prof to present talk on media project