Call for Papers: Arts, Humanities and Complex Networks
ATEC Professors Max Schich and Roger Malina are pleased to announce a call for papers for the Arts, Humanities, and Complex Networks at Netsci2013. This symposium will take place in Copenhagen at DTU, Technical University of Denmark on Tuesday, June 4, 2013.
For submission instructions please visit artshumanities.netsci2013.net.
Deadline for submission is March 31, 2013.
Notifications of acceptance will be sent out by April 8, 2013.
This symposium will bring together pioneering work in the overlap of arts, humanities, network research, data science, and information design. The 2013 symposium will leverage interaction between those areas by means of keynotes, a number of contributions, and a high-profile panel discussion.
In our call, we are looking for a diversity of research contributions revolving around networks in culture, networks in art, networks in the humanities, art about networks, and research in network visualization. Focusing on these five pillars that have crystallized out of our previous meetings, the 2013 symposium strives to make further impact in the arts, humanities, and natural sciences.
Running parallel to the NetSci2013 conference, the symposium provides a unique opportunity to mingle with leading researchers in complex network science, potentially sparking fruitful collaborations.
As in previous years, selected papers will be published in print, both in a Special Section of Leonardo Journal MIT-Press and in a dedicated Leonardo eBook MIT-Press.
Further information and abstracts available at ahcncompanion.info.
- ATEC Student Serves Winning T-Shirt Design for Second Straight Year
- ATEC Juniors Place First in National Game Design Competition
- Interdisciplinary Literature Come Together in ATEC Lab’s New Online Reading Platform
- UX Design Marks Its Spot as Growing Career Path for ATEC Students
- ATEC Professor Roger Malina Receives Honorary Degree
More From Events
- ATEC helps brings experimental films to Nasher
- Unconventional Olympians: EMAC prof to present talk on media project
- Combat Pilot Encourages ATEC Lecture Audience to Fly Past Adversity
- ATEC Lecture Series Resumes on March 22 with Aviation Pioneer
- Emerging Media Expert to Discuss Interactive Projects on Feb. 18