Scholarship Opportunity for ATEC/EMAC Students
The Arts & Technology Scholarship is funded by the Metroplex Technology Business Council 2008 Tech Titan Award and the Greater Texas Foundation. The award is a total of $2000 for one year towards tuition, or $1000 per Fall and Spring semester.
- Students must be Arts & Technology or Emerging Media & Communication majors
- Scholarships will be awarded to Undergraduate Students
- Applicants must be or will be enrolled in at least 12 hours
- Students must have/maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA to qualify for the award and to continue receiving the award
- Scholarship recipients must enroll in at least one course in Arts & Technology or Emerging Media & Communication each semester
- If a student drops a course and/or earns less than the required GPA, they will be placed on probation the following semester and the Arts & Technology Scholarship committee will review their case
- If graduating in December, students who apply during their junior year will receive one-half of the award (for the fall semester of their senior year)
STUDENTS MUST SUBMIT:
- Essay, approximately 250-300 words, please address the following: What role will Arts & Technology play in your education? What contribution do you expect to make to the Arts & Technology program at UT Dallas? (Arts & Technology includes the Emerging Media & Communication degree)
- Work sample. Materials will not be returned.
- Please submit a portfolio (CD, or web link) of your best material Limit: 3-5 minutes of a reel or video, 6-8 screen shots or four pages maximum of written work including an abstract. Quality not quantity is vital!
- Up to 2 letters of recommendation that speak to your academic or professional ability Please send applications to:
Tara Lewis, Assistant Dean
School of Arts & Humanities
University of Texas at Dallas
800 W. Campbell Road Richardson, Texas 75080-3021
- ATEC to Raise HIV/AIDS Awareness with Week of Interactive Events
- ATEC Welcomes Dr. Josef Nguyen
- ATEC Student Serves Winning T-Shirt Design for Second Straight Year
- ATEC Juniors Place First in National Game Design Competition
- Interdisciplinary Literature Come Together in ATEC Lab’s New Online Reading Platform