ATEC Course to Explore Crowd Funding
What do a pool being built in the middle of a New York City river, Veronica Mars and a hoodie guaranteed to last 10 years all have in common? They were all made possible via a popular crowd funding platform called Kickstarter, a website that lets creatives reach out directly to the public and raise funding for projects that would otherwise most likely never see the light of day.
In ATEC 6384.501 we will spend the semester exploring the ins and outs of crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter and Indiegogo. The course will also be discussing the impacts that crowdfunding has had on various industries including videogames and film, and look at what the future might hold for this wildly popular movement.
With some luck, and a lot of hard work, see your own ideas get funded when we kickstart some projects in class to learn first hand what it’s like to be a part of the movement.
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact the course instructor Jacob Naasz at firstname.lastname@example.org
- $17 Million Contribution Creates Edith O’Donnell Institute of Art History at UT Dallas
- Adobe Creative Cloud World Tour Stops at UT Dallas
- Announcing Publication of Leonardo-MIT Press eBook: Arts and Humanities and Complex Networks
- Professor Kim Knight Published in Johns Hopkins Guide to Digital Media
- Welcome New EMAC Faculty Members