ATEC Faculty Panel Discussion Named Best of 2013
Dr. Roger Malina’s panel discussion with artist Nancy Hairston and Dallas Museum of Art Deputy Director Robert Stein won Best Panel Discussion of 2013. The Best of Dallas® is presented annually by the Dallas Observer.
Malina, Hairston and Stein addressed the dichotomous relationship between the creativity of art and the innovations of technology.
The panel discussion was part of The Dallas Museum of Art’s States of the Arts Lecture Series, now in its fourth series. KERA host and executive producer Jeff Whittington moderates dynamic discussions with artists and artistic leaders—including visual artists, musicians, dancers, and filmmakers—to explore the creative process and the current cultural landscape.
Dr. Malina is a physicist, astronomer and executive editor of Leonardo publications at MIT Press. He serves in two of the University’s schools, as a distinguished professor of arts and technology in the School of Arts and Humanities, and as a professor of physics in the School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
A recording of the discussion is available on the Dallas Museum of Art website.
- STEAM Advocate to Share His Vision at Lecture
- Exhibit and Forum Examine Anti-Apartheid and Human Rights Activist
- Freshman’s Design of Gravity-Powered Superhero Draws Scholarship
- UT Dallas Announces Creation of New Arts, Technology School
- DreamWorks Executive Reveals Inner Workings of Animation Process at ATEC Lecture
More From Faculty
- ATEC Building Offers Bigger Frontier for Jonsson School Researchers
- Panel Discussion on The Art Effect: Translational Ecology of Contemporary Art
- New Hires Help Further Arts and Humanities’ Interdisciplinary Aims
- ATEC Professor Explores Applications for Non-narrative Animation
- ATEC Professor Exhibited by The Dallas Contemporary