ATEC Faculty Panel Discussion Named Best of 2013
Dr. Roger Malina’s panel discussion with artist Nancy Hairston and Dallas Museum of Art Deputy Director Robert Stein won Best Panel Discussion of 2013. The Best of Dallas® is presented annually by the Dallas Observer.
Malina, Hairston and Stein addressed the dichotomous relationship between the creativity of art and the innovations of technology.
The panel discussion was part of The Dallas Museum of Art’s States of the Arts Lecture Series, now in its fourth series. KERA host and executive producer Jeff Whittington moderates dynamic discussions with artists and artistic leaders—including visual artists, musicians, dancers, and filmmakers—to explore the creative process and the current cultural landscape.
Dr. Malina is a physicist, astronomer and executive editor of Leonardo publications at MIT Press. He serves in two of the University’s schools, as a distinguished professor of arts and technology in the School of Arts and Humanities, and as a professor of physics in the School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
A recording of the discussion is available on the Dallas Museum of Art website.
- $17 Million Contribution Creates Edith O’Donnell Institute of Art History at UT Dallas
- Adobe Creative Cloud World Tour Stops at UT Dallas
- Announcing Publication of Leonardo-MIT Press eBook: Arts and Humanities and Complex Networks
- Professor Kim Knight Published in Johns Hopkins Guide to Digital Media
- Welcome New EMAC Faculty Members