Resume and Portfolio Session: Big Design Workshop
This free event will help you get your resume and portfolio reviewed before the Big Design Conference. In this workshop, you will learn how to write a better resume from some leading experts:
- Soowan Scheuermann – Director, Creative Group
- Brian Sullivan – Founder, Big Design Conference
- Shauna Thompkins – Manager, Creative Group
- Ian Fenn – UX Designer, Chopstix Media
Participants will see a presentation on resume writing. They will have time to work on updating their resume. Brian and Shauna will review resumes. Soowan and Ian will do portfolio reviews.
This class, which takes place on Thursday, Sept. 4 in Addison, is limited to the first 100 registrants. Sign up online through Eventbrite. The class is free. Donations are accepted, which will go to a local charity.
About the Big Design Conference
This year’s Big Design Conference (Sept. 4-6) hosts four insightful keynote speakers and 70 talks ranging from web, mobile, inspirational design, usability, social media, game design, film-making, code development, search engine optimization, content strategy, and instructional design.
Keynote speaker Phil Tippett’s career in visual effects has spanned more than 30 years and includes 2 Academy Awards, 6 Academy Award nominations, 1 BAFTA, 4 BAFTA nominations, 2 Emmys and the advent of modern digital effects in motion pictures. Tippet’s work includes visual effects for Star Wars, Robocop, Jurassic Park, Starship Troopers and the Twilight series.
Learn more at the Big Design Conference website.
- ATEC Welcomes Dr. Josef Nguyen
- ATEC Student Serves Winning T-Shirt Design for Second Straight Year
- ATEC Juniors Place First in National Game Design Competition
- Interdisciplinary Literature Come Together in ATEC Lab’s New Online Reading Platform
- UX Design Marks Its Spot as Growing Career Path for ATEC Students
More From Events
- ATEC helps brings experimental films to Nasher
- Unconventional Olympians: EMAC prof to present talk on media project
- Combat Pilot Encourages ATEC Lecture Audience to Fly Past Adversity
- ATEC Lecture Series Resumes on March 22 with Aviation Pioneer
- Emerging Media Expert to Discuss Interactive Projects on Feb. 18