STEAM3 (Science + Technology + Engineering + Art + Math “cubed”), March 1-2, 2014 is an all-age appropriate, first-of-its-kind hybrid of a conference and Interactive Playground featuring speakers, workshops, demonstrations and four immersive environments focused on the future of education.
The event is designed not only for educators and those passionate about education, students, and parents, but also Makers, learning content creators, mobile development, instructional, and 3D/virtual world designers, researchers, entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators.
Create your experience: enjoy two full days of compelling talks and demos in the auditorium (limited to 300 participants), or just explore the Interactive Playground (unlimited participants) with your family and friends.
The conference portion features compelling talks including:
- Augmented Reality, Storytelling and Education,
- Digital Storytelling and immersive learning,
- EarSketch, an approach to teaching computational thinking within the
- context of music remixing with code,
- Makerspace, a space for young children to learn about STEAM oriented topics,
- Changing Minds: The Changing Landscape of Learning,
- Building a successful STEM education infrastructure and outreach for
- students raised in lower-socioeconomic regions,
- Social Learning and Blended Learning,
- Algorithmic Art,
- The Gamification of Learning,
- The social life of MOOCs, integration of MOOCs with social media
- platforms, and how these forms will combine to redefine the virtual
- classroom environment,
- Maximizing the use of avatars to maintain your learners’ attention,
And many more!
The Interactive Playground features four delightful, immersive, hands-on areas (think all-ages Exploratorium or modern Children’s Museum on steroids) focused on the Living Classroom, the Game of Learning, Make Magic, andInteractive Storytelling. Exhibits include interactive gaming, augmented reality, a robot lab, algorithmic and nano art, stop motion animation making, a virtual classroom, the Emergent City, science of music simulator, a multimedia oracle, and The Imaginarium.
Over 20 keynotes from experts in the realm of future education include Carolyn Handler Miller, Bryan Alexander,Helen Papagiannis, (Interactive Storytelling); Joey Lopez, Kayla Desportes, Elizabeth Strickler, Stanza, Marvin Niebuhr and Dr. Bruce Niebuhr (Make Magic); Brian Magerko, Eileen Smith, Maria H. Andersen, Steve Harmon,Donna Kidwell, and Jon Lebkowsky, (Living Classroom); and Elaine Raybourne, Chris Orfescu, Benoît Morel, Joel Kahn, and Billy Joe Cain (The Game of Learning).
Contact: Jo Rae Di Menno, Press Agent [email protected] and at (512) 554-2799 for further information regarding jpgs, interviews and on-airs for STEAM 3.
Date: March 1st and 2nd from 9am – 6pm daily.
Event Location: UT Commons at the JJ Pickle Research Campus of the University of Texas (near the Domain),10100 Burnet Rd., Austin, TX, 78758.
Tickets: $124.95 for the conference plus Interactive Playground plus VIP party on Saturday evening at ATX Hackerspace. Alternately, one and two day Interactive Playground passes only are available at the child/student and adult levels ranging from $7.50 – $25.00 and are available at http://www.steam3.com/buy-tickets. Purchases made using the code “PRCSTEAMATX” before the end of the day on January 20, 2014 will receive a discount of $30 off the full price of the full conference, making it $94.95.