Compliance Training—How it works
What is compliance training? Why does it matter?
Compliance training is training on how to follow the laws and policies that apply to you.
UT Dallas has two big reasons for requiring compliance training:
- It makes UT Dallas a better place.
- UT Dallas is required by state/federal law and UT System policy to deliver compliance training.
Who is required to take compliance training and when?
All employees must take compliance training, including part-time employees like student workers and research/teaching assistants.
The most common times we will ask you to take training are:
- When you’re first hired
- Once a year (refresher/annual training)
- When you change jobs (only if your new job duties/department warrant additional training)
- When there’s a change in the law
If you’re a department manager, please contact us anytime you need training for your employees.
How do I take the training?
UT Dallas delivers compliance training online. If you need in-person training, please let us know, and we’ll set it up.
To take the training:
- Go to the UT Dallas eLearning website
- Log in with your Net ID and password (most Net IDs are three letters followed by six numbers, such as abc123000)
- Choose FY13 Compliance Training from the My Organizations section (usually located under the Course List section)
Have questions? Contact us.
Updated: May 8, 2013