Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your browser.
banner
Grad Student Absorbs Autism Education to Help Children in Lebanon

Grad Student Absorbs Autism Education to Help Children in Lebanon
Her quest to help countless families better understand their diagnoses began while observing her own relatives. “When I was in high school, my cousin in the Middle East was diagnosed with autism,” said Alameddine, who is earning a master’s degree in human development and early childhood disorders. more >>
Faculty Profile: Sven Vanneste

Faculty Profile: Sven Vanneste
“UT Dallas is open to new ideas and I was attracted to a lot of possibilities including research and access to funding. The resources are really unlimited,” says Vanneste. more >>
Study Reads Between the Lines in Children’s Vocabulary Differences

Study Reads Between the Lines in Children's Vocabulary Differences
“Instead of trying to fit more vocabulary in a child’s head, we might be able to work on their depth of knowledge of the individual words and linking known meanings together in a way that they can use to learn new information,” Dr. Mandy Maguire said. more >>

Message from the Dean

Message from the Dean
“I am excited to report on three new developments involving Behavior and Brain Sciences here at UT Dallas.” more >>
Upcoming Events
BBS Graduation Celebration

BBS
Graduation Celebration

Gifts, refreshments and photo opportunities during Memories on the Mall immediately after the BBS commencement ceremony.

Dec. 16, 12:30 pm

Human Brain Function Related to Behavior, Cognition, Emotion and Personality in Drug Addiction and Other Problem Behaviors

Frontiers of
BrainHealth
Lecture

“Human Brain Function Related to Behavior, Cognition, Emotion and Personality in Drug Addiction and Other Problem Behaviors”

Jan. 26, 2018, 12:00 pm

Neuroimaging is a Team Sport: The Promise of Multimodal Imaging and Cross-Institutional Collaborations

Symposium by
UT Dallas & UT Southwestern

Neuroimaging is a Team Sport: The Promise of Multimodal Imaging and Cross-Institutional Collaborations

Jan. 26, 2018, 7:30 am

This edition of the NEXUS Newsletter highlights selected research of faculty and students.
Read more news about the School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences.

800 W Campbell Road | Richardson, TX 75080 | bbs.utdallas.edu
Privacy Policy | Email Preferences | Contact Us