Skip to Main Navigation

School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences - The University of Texas at Dallas

Matthew Housson

Matthew Housson

Senior Lecturer

PhD, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas

Child and Adolescent Learning Disabilities, AD/HD and Emotional/Behavioral Disorders

GR 4.307

972-883-2022 phone

housson@utdallas.edu email

About Matthew Housson

I received a B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin in 1991 and subsequently earned my Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas in 1996. Following the completion of my doctorate, I worked for seven years at the University of Texas at Dallas, Callier Center where I completed developmental assessments of preschoolers and psychoeducational evaluations of school aged children. I developed extensive experience in the diagnosis of autism, attention disorders, learning disabilities, and emotional/behavioral disorders. During the time I was at the Callier Center, I began teaching Human Sexuality, Abnormal Psychology, and Exceptional Children classes at the University of Texas at Dallas. I am currently a Senior Lecturer at UTD and continue to teach Human Sexuality and Exceptional Children in the fall semesters and Human Sexuality and Abnormal Psychology in the spring semesters.

In addition to teaching, I maintain a private practice in clinical psychology where I specialize in the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with learning and school-related difficulties. I have over 10 years of experience working with families and schools to address children's academic, social, and emotional needs. I have visited over 100 private and public schools and have spent over 1000 hours visiting and consulting with teachers and school administrators. I enjoy sharing my clinical experiences with students in order to enhance their understanding of theoretical concepts that are taught in my classes.

Recent Publications