Janice Lougeay

Clinical Lecturer

MA, Bowling Green State University

Director of Clinical Education, Autism, Stuttering and Voice

CR 1.320

214-905-3114 phone

lougeay@utdallas.edu email

About Janice Lougeay

I direct the clinical education for speech-language pathology students. Before coming to UTD, I worked as a speech-language pathologist in a variety of clinical, educational, and medical settings.

My research interests center on outcomes in clinical education of students. Since coming to UTD I have developed a variety of clinical programs designed to provide experiences that will both enhance clinical skills in working with specific populations, and provide students with the background and knowledge base to develop as master clinicians. My personal interests include stuttering, autism, early childhood intervention and voice disorders. I currently teach courses in those areas and provide continuing education workshops to practicing professionals. I am actively involved in community support groups, boards, and organizations that support communicatively impaired individuals. Mary Dodd and I were awarded a Department of Education Training Grant to provide preparation of early intervention personnel to serve infants and toddlers with low incidence disabilities. Currently, I head the Texas task force charged with developing standardized eligibility guidelines and procedures for treating children with voice disorders in the public schools and co-chair the task force on fluency disorders.

Recent Publications