Dean, School of Behavioral & Brain Sciences;
Aage and Margareta Moller Distinguished Professor

PhD, Stanford University

School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences

GR 4.102

972-883-2355 phone

bmoore@utdallas.edu email

About Bert Moore

Dr. Moore holds a Masters from the University of Illinois (1968) and a Ph.D. from Stanford University (1973), both in Psychology. He is a Professor of Psychology and Dean of the School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences. He previously held academic appointments at Wellesley College and the University of California at Santa Barbara and visiting positions at the University of Texas at Austin and Stanford University.

He has served as Associate Editor of Motivation and Emotion and been a member of the Editorial Board of five other journals in the area of personality and developmental psychology. He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association and the American Psychological Society.

Research Interests

My research focuses broadly on how emotion impacts cognitive , social and physiological processes. I have been interested in affect as a mediator and calibrator of how we interact with the world, with the idea that emotion acts as a biasing factor in self-reaction, reactions to our social domains and cognitive organization. I am also interested in the impact of affect on physical health and functioning.

Recent Publications

Eisenberg, N. and Moore, B.S. (1997). Emotional regulation and development. Motivation and Emotion.

Moore, B.S. (1993). Empathy and its antecedents. Motivation and Emotion.

Moore, B.S. and Isen, A.M. (Eds.) (1990). Affect and Social Behavior. Cambridge University Press.