If your questions are not answered below, please email [email protected].
- Where is check-in?
- Check-in will be at the information desk inside the Dr Pepper Arena on Thursday morning.
- Where do I drop off the Spirit and Sportsmanship Form? What about our t-shirt?
- Both items can be dropped off at the information desk located at the front of the Dr Pepper Arena.
- Where can I get extra match schedules and BEST programs?
- Both are available at the information desk.
- Where is the Lost and Found?
- Lost and Found items should be reported/collected at the information desk.
- Where is the pit entrance?
- Back of the arena (loading dock) or through the tunnel entrance into the arena. Do not enter from the stands.
- Can I get in the pit without safety glasses?
- Safety glasses must be worn at all times while in the pit area. If you are in need of safety glasses, there will be some available for purchase at the registration desk.
- My friend/ family member/ teacher wants to come see us in the pit, how can he/she get in?
- Only team members, coaches, volunteers, and event staff are allowed in the pit area. Friends and family will be able to view the pit area from the stands.
- Can we use power tools in the pit?
- Yes, but only in designated space inside the arena for small hand-held power tools to make repairs.
- Where do we unload our exhibit?
- All exhibit materials should be unloaded through the loading area of the Frisco Convention Center. Any small items that can be carried can be brought in through the front entrance.
- When can we set up our exhibits?
- Exhibits can be set up as soon as your team checks in on Thursday morning. There will be a layout of allocated exhibit locations at the information desk.
- When will our exhibit be judged?
- Exhibit judging will take place Friday from 9am to 5pm. We will notify you before the event or on the day of regarding specific times when judges will come by your exhibits. However, we suggest you have your exhibits manned all days, for any visitors that may want to take a look.
- When can we take down our exhibit?
- Although we might finish judging early, we recommend waiting until about 2pm on Saturday (or when an announcement is made) to take down your exhibits to allow guests to visit your exhibit.
- Will there be power available for the exhibits?
- There will be power available, but please bring an extension cord (at least 25 ft. long). 6 ft tables are available if needed.
- How do I get access to the internet?
- There will be no internet access within the arena due to technical interference with the gaming/scoring software. The rest of the Arena, however, will have wifi access. The password will either be announced or available at the information desk.
- What will be available in the marketing presentation rooms?
- Each presentation room has the following a/v setup: laptop, projector, audio, and VGA connectors. However, please check with staff prior to your team’s presentation time. We highly recommend bringing all necessary presentation equipment with you. Please remember that set-up and tear-down of your presentation is included in your allotted 25 minute presentation time period.
- Can we raffle/giveaway items?
- You may raffle items, as long as it is not food or drinks. Please keep in mind that you are not allowed to sell anything as per Arena rules.
- Are there any items prohibited from the stands (i.e. megaphones, flags)?
- Whistles, air horns, speakers, and similar high-intensity noisemakers are prohibited. Please keep in mind that staff have the right to ban any noisemakers that are deemed a hearing hazard to those in attendance.
- Can you send us a comprehensive list of teams attending so we may make posters to cheer for them?
- A comprehensive list can be provided upon email request after November 11.
- How long is our lunch break?
- Lunch will be one hour long, from 12pm to 1pm.
- Can we bring ice chests with drinks into the arena and convention center? What about food/drinks from outside restaurants?
- No outside food or drinks are allowed in the Arena and Convention Center as per their policy. There will be multiple concession stands available for food and beverage purchases. See Menu and prices.