Texas BEST Coach's To Do List
We recommend you follow this guide of activities that need to be completed before attending Texas BEST.
- Complete the Team Information Form immediately after your local competition. Our online registration process will email the contact person their Order Confirmation after the contact selects his/her team’s presentation, picture, and display judging time slots.
- Mail your waivers to the address listed on our Contact Us page, and upload your project notebook using email@example.com (or via sendspace.com if file is larger than 10MB).
- Make your hotel and travel arrangements. If you are booking a bus, check with the company about how long the driver can be on duty without having to take a break. Many states have laws regarding driving-time limitations for bus drivers.
- Download and read the Championship Handbook (TBA) carefully and even make copies for other key people, particularly noting the information found in Pit Protocol & Information and the General Information & Important Notes sections.
- Determine one adult who will be responsible for receiving any emergency phone calls that may occur from home while your team is at Texas BEST. Provide that person’s cell phone number to parents, school officials and others as you see fit. Texas BEST and the University of Texas at Dallas cannot be responsible for such calls. In addition, please have the BEST Release Form and Medical Information and Release signed by a parent or guardian, in your possession, in case emergency medical attention is necessary. Texas BEST also requires an Adult Medical Information and Release form, all copies should be mailed to our Richardson address.
- Friday Night boxed meal/social/Keynote Speaker: This event will be held on Friday at the Curtis Culwell Center and will end at 9 p.m. Each team will receive six free dinners, with any additional attendees needing to pay $10/dinner. Each team must purchase tickets for additional attendees via Marketplace.
- Texas BEST Conclusion: We have many teams coming from far away that need to leave as soon as possible after Texas BEST comes to an end. We assure you we are conscious of this in putting together the schedule and will do everything possible to stick to our time line. However, the schedule does not always work out as planned. Be aware that the number of competition rounds for the robots may need to be reduced in order to complete Texas BEST on time.