This mark is innately more flexible. It is meant for smaller spaces, online use and other areas where the primary UT Dallas logo would not appropriately fit the space.
UTD monogram and variations
UTD emblem and variations
The UTD monogram is designed for small spaces where the full UT Dallas mark would be difficult to read. The monogram should be used in conjunction with The University of Texas at Dallas wordmark when used as a primary identifier of the University. The emblem is best suited to spaces where the wordmark is clearly legible; it is an excellent substitute for the University seal, which is restricted to official University documents, presidential communications, diplomas and other commencement collateral.
3 lines, 2 lines and 1 line variations
The wordmark can be used in either of these three variations depending on space allowances. This single graphic satisfies the requirements to include the full name of the University with the monogram.
Safe Area and Minimum Size Requirements
Follow the guidelines above as indicated by the intended x-height to ensure proper distance from other elements.
Monogram Minimum Size Requirements
.25” diameter for print. 18px diameter for web.
Emblem Minimum Size Requirements
1” diameter for print. 100px diameter for web.
- Do not distort the proportion of the monogram.
- Do not crop or remove any portion of the monogram.
- Do not rearrange any components of the monogram.
- Do not rotate the monogram.
- Do not attempt to recreate the monogram.
- Do not overlay the monogram on graphics or patterns that negatively affect its legibility.
- Do not recolor the monogram.
- Do not use the monogram in black on a background that is more than 30% gray.
- Do not use the monogram in white on a background that is less than 30% gray.
If possible, the monogram, emblem and wordmark should appear in flame orange. If flame orange cannot be used, black or white may be used. The two-color versions may only be used on a white background.