About Budget and Resource Planning
Welcome to the Office of Budget and Resource Planning! The Budget Office is part of the Office of Budget and Finance at The University of Texas at Dallas. We are committed to supporting the university’s mission with long-range financial and strategic planning. Our staff members are engaged in the preparation of the university’s annual operating budget, the State of Texas Legislative Appropriation Request (LAR), multi-year revenue and expense forecasts, including feasibility and pro forma studies and ad-hoc management reporting. Additional functions include assessing ongoing budget operational issues, establishing monitoring controls for budget and fund allocations and business process improvements.
As you navigate the website you will find various reports and information. Should you need additional information, please contact any member of our staff.
- Provide leadership in the development and administration of the institution’s annual operating budget;
- Provide counsel on budget issues;
- Maintain Human Resources System and Budget Information System – performing daily data entry of Human Resource and Budget transactions;
Institutional Communications Related to Legislative Budgetary Issues
- Coordinate preparation of the institution’s biennial request for legislative appropriations;
- Lead in institutional analysis of fiscal impact of proposed legislation during legislative session; and
- Coordinate/prepare responses to requests for various ad hoc fiscal reports during legislative session.
Budget and Financial Planning
- Prepare various reports and surveys related to budget data and financial planning of the university as required by the U.T. System, State Auditor, State Comptroller, Legislature, Legislative Budget Board, Coordinating Board, and Governor’s Office.