Student Account Holds
What is a hold?There are two categories of student account holds: positive and negative.
Positive holds designate special services that are to be provided to the student.
Examples of positive holds
- Bursar Extended Deadline: Extends a student’s payment deadline and prevents the student from being dropped for non-payment through the listed end date. After the end date has passed, a student could be dropped for non-payment.
- Pymt Deadline Extended – Census: This hold extends a student’s payment deadline until Census Day and prevents the student from being dropped for non-payment before Census Day.
- Payment Deadline Extended FA: This hold indicates a student has applied for, or is receiving, financial aid. It prevents the student from being dropped for non-payment before Census Day.
- Scholarship Recipient: This hold indicates a student is receiving a full scholarship for tuition and course fees. It prevents a student from being dropped for non-payment through the listed end date. After the end date has passed, a student could be dropped for non-payment.
Negative holds prevent a student from receiving certain services.
Examples of negative holds
- Delinquent Account: This hold indicates the student has a past due balance and will not be able to register or obtain transcripts.
- No Refund: This hold prevents a student’s refund from being automatically generated. Any refunds will need to be processed manually. Note that during peak times in the semester, processing of manual refunds may take several days. This hold does not prevent students from registering or obtaining transcripts.
- No Loan: This hold prevents a student from enrolling in a short-term loan; however, it does not prevent students from registering or obtaining transcripts. Students with a no loan hold may still enroll in an installment plan.
- Perkins Loan Interview: This hold indicates a student needs to complete a Perkins Loan exit interview. This hold prevents students from obtaining their transcripts.
- Perkins Loan Default: This hold indicates a student has a Perkins Loan in default status. This hold will prevent a student from registering or obtaining their transcripts.
How can I check my hold information?
- Log in to Galaxy.
- Select Orion Self-Service.
- Click “Account Inquiry.”
How do I release holds placed by the Bursar Office?
|Hold type||How to release hold|
|Invalid mailing or email addresses||Students may update addresses online by logging into Galaxy or in person at the Office of the Registrar. Once the address is updated, contact the Bursar Office.|
|Outstanding balances||Pay online through EZPay. For more information, visit our payment options page or email the Bursar Office. Holds should be released within one business day of making payment. Alternatively, you may contact our office to have your hold released more quickly.|
|Outstanding short-term loans||Pay online through EZPay. Please contact the collections manager at 972-883-2601 or visit the Bursar Office|
|Perkins loans||Contact the Perkins Loan coordinator at 972-883-2601 or visit the Bursar Office.|
|Written-off fees||Please contact the collections manager at 972-883-2601 or visit the Bursar Office|