The Tradestuff Mailing List
The Tradestuff Mailing List and Bulletin Board were created in May 2004 in response to a suggestion by the Staff Council. Its purpose is to help keep the campus aware of any surplus property being discarded, so that departments interested in said property can make arrangements directly with the discarding department, with minimal involvement from Property Administration.
Guidelines for List Usage
- If you are discarding items, send an email to email@example.com describing what it is you're discarding. (You must be subscribed to the list for this to work.) If you hope to exchange the goods for money, include your desired price in the email.
- If you are interested in what someone else is discarding, reply to the person's email to declare your interest, then contact the person privately (off the list) to make arrangements for transferral.
- For now, including pictures of items in your email is allowed, but we may need to change our minds on this if too many people complain of clogged inboxes. Amendment of this web page, and announcement to the list 24 hours in advance, will serve as our notice of such a policy change.
- Please refrain from posting requests for equipment to the list (i.e. "Does anyone have any extra computers?!"). If you need surplus equipment for your department, contact Property Administration and they will help you find what you need.
- Please note that the only purpose of this list is to put departments in touch with each other. Departments will still be responsible for filling out the Transfer/Release of Surplus Equipment Form, and an Intra/Inter-Departmental Transfer of Funds Form if money is involved in the exchange.
UTD Procurement Management reserves the right to remove users from the Tradestuff Mailing List, or to disband it altogether, if these guidelines are excessively violated. We also reserve the right to amend these guidelines as we deem necessary and appropriate. Amendment to this web page, and an announcement to the list 24 hours in advance, will serve as our notice of such changes.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words "subscribe tradestuff" in the subject line of the email.
- Ecartis will then send two emails to your address. One is a notice that it received your subscription request. The second one will ask you to confirm that you did indeed wish to subscribe to the list (as opposed to someone "spoofing" your email address and signing you up as a prank). All you need to do to confirm your intent is to send the email back to them unaltered. Just hit "Reply" and "Send" - that's it!
How to Unsubscribe from the List
- Similar to the above, but put "unsubscribe tradestuff" in the subject line of the email.
How to Suspend Mails from the List While On Vacation
- Similar to the above, but put "set tradestuff vacation" in the subject line of the email. Don't forget to "unset tradestuff vacation" when you get back!
- If you are able to view list messages through the bulletin board,
you can also use this feature so they only appear on the bulletin
The University of Texas at Dallas Procurement Management is committed to obtaining in a timely, lawful and cost-efficient manner the goods and services needed to benefit the University's mission: to provide educational and research programs of the highest quality.