8 a.m. - 7 p.m. Location: Davidson Auditorium, Naveen Jindal School of Management
The India Enterprise Forum is an initiative at The University of Texas at Dallas Naveen Jindal School of Management established to create and disseminate detailed knowledge about Indian economic growth and business opportunities. A one-day event, the India Enterprise Forum will be held on May 15 in the Davidson Auditorium at the UT Dallas Naveen Jindal School of Managment.
In a new high-powered forum format, this event is geared toward building relationships and sharing knowledge for both businessman and others interested in India's economic miracle. All interested in the modern Indian economic phenonmenon may get together to discuss matters of mutual interest.
The forum's inaugural event will focus on energy and infrastructure, specific investment opportunities within these sectors -- such as in oil and gas and with airport regulatory issues and institutional concerns. The topics will be discussed in a frank and informal, yet deeply insightful manner.
Attendees may realize maximum value from their presence by addressing specific questions to the experts present.
- Mayor Bob Townsend of the City of Richardson
- JSOM Professor and IEF founder Dr. Sumit Majumdar
- Professor Jagdish Bhagwati, University Professor of Law and Economics at Columbia University
- Ambassador Lakshmi Puri of the United Nations
- Sir Geoffrey Owen, Senior Fellow at the Department of Management at the London School of Economics and former editor of the Financial Times
- Mr. Labyendu Mansingh, founding chairman of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board, India's oil and gas sector regulator
- Dr. Mine Yucel, Vice President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Mr. Kenneth Barr, Chairman, North Texas Tollway Authority
- Mr. Angel Ruiz, CEO, Ericsson, North America
- The Honorable Suresh Kumar, Immediate Assistant Secretary of Trade in the U.S. Department of Commerce
- Mr. V. Balachandran, formerly Special Secretary to the Government of India in the Cabinet Secretariat
- Mr. Harry (Skip) Brandon, formerly director of the FBI's worldwide counter-terrorism efforts
- Mr. Yashwant Bhave, founding chairman of India's Airports Economic Regulatory Authority
- Dr. David Daniel, President of The University of Texas at Dallas
Visit the forum website for more information and to register.
The conference will be held from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a reception to follow at 5 p.m.
Cost is $200 per person.
No charge for UT Dallas faculty, staff and students, but preregistration is required by emailing Dr. Sumit Majumdar at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 11, 2012.
Please Note: Guests are advised to visit our campus disruption log for updated route, construction, and parking information.
Sumit Majumdar, 972-883-4786
Questions? Email me.