Dr. Da-Hsuan Feng
Senior Vice President of Global Strategy,
Planning and Evaluation
National Tsing Hua University
TOPIC: Roles and Responsibilities of Asian Universities in a New Global Academic-Business Paradigm
21st century, even at its fledgling moment, is met with transformational changes. These changes cannot be more obvious than the creation of a new Global academic- business paradigm. Sitting in the middle of this paradigm is Asia, especially North Asia, Southeast Asia and South Asia. These regions are indeed the focus of the world in the 21st century. They are undergoing dizzying economic, cultural, political and unexpected and 20th century unthinkable tectonic shifts. With this as underpinning, this talk will discuss how higher education in Asia, what new mindset, needs to have in order to navigate in such exciting and turbulent waters. Indeed, what and how Asian universities are meeting or attempting to meet their new challenges and become the engines of progress for their respective regions. Finally, what Global responsibilities they have as they emerge so rapidly in the Global higher education radar screen.
Please RSVP to reserve a seat for this event. Details will be emailed to you.
B.A., Physics, Drew University
M.Sc. and Ph.D., Theoretical Physics, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
- Born in New Delhi, India and has been a global traveler ever since
- Technical advisor to Vice Chairman of the US Congressional Arm Services Committee - (1995-1998)
- Vice President of Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) - (1998-2000)
- Vice President for Research and Economic Development of The University of Texas at Dallas - (2001-2007)
- In 2007, appointed by Li Ka-Shing Foundation to be a Board of Trustees member of Shantou University
- Has collaborated with Asian colleagues over past 30 years - including becoming the Honorary Board of Trustees of Nanjing University in 2003, and becoming honorary and guest professors of twelve Mainland’s universities