8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Location: ECSS 2.102
Big Data Management and Analytics Workshop @ UT Dallas
April 3-4, 2014
Detailed schedule: www.utdallas.edu/~jeyv/BigData-Agenda.pdf
Massive amounts of structured and unstructured data is being generated from online user activities on e-commerce and social-media websites. Big Data, as this massive amount of data is called, leads to many challenges:
- How do companies manage and process this massive amount of data?
- How do companies automatically learn hidden trends and patterns in this data?
- How do companies gather actionable intelligence to improve their bottom line?
This workshop will cover tools and techniques that directly address these challenges. Taught by world-renowned data science experts this workshop is meant for technical managers and software developers. No advanced knowledge is needed. Topics covered include
- Storing and processing Big Data - Hadoop, Mapreduce, NoSQL
- Tools and techniques for analyzing Big Data
- Fundamentals of learning from Big Data
- Practical machine learning tools for Big Data
- Processing unstructured and natural language data
- Practical applications of Big Data
The workshop will consist of lectures and hand-on practice labs. After attending this workshop you will be able to manage, analyze and learn from Big Data using commonly available tools.
The lectures will be given by world renowned experts in the area of data sciences, data mining, machine learning and text processing:
- Dr. Latifur Khan, Ph.D., Computer Science, The University of Southern California
- Dr. Vibhav Gogate, Ph.D. Computer Science, The University of California at Irvine
- Dr. Vincent Ng, Ph.D. Computer Science, Cornell University
- Dr. Yang Liu, Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Purdue University
Early registration fee is $495 until March 28. Walk-in registration fee of $695 will apply after March 28.
Cancellation fee will be $50 until March 28, $100 after March 28.