MAPping/Programming of Sound Processor
- MAPping is the process by which the audiologist determines the amount of electrical stimulation each electrode delivers to the auditory nerve so that the child can respond.
- For more information, visit the FAQ page.
FM System Consultations/Evaluations
- Appointments may be scheduled with an audiologist to determine if an FM system is appropriate for your child.
- For more information,visit the FAQ page.
- Individualized speech-language therapy, including auditory-verbal therapy.
- Therapy plans, schedules and goals are determined for each child’s unique needs.
Success with Auditory Therapy (SWAT)
- Designed for children who have received their cochlear implant within the last year.
- Provides the family with information and expectations for auditory skill development.
- Appointments are scheduled in conjunction with the child’s audiological and MAPping appointments.
- The program is supplemental and should not take the place of weekly speech-language therapy with a speech-language pathologist.
- Team members may visit your child’s school personnel and educate them about cochlear implants and your child’s individual needs.