A Summer Camp for Children and Adolescents Who Stutter
June 12 - July 19, 2013
Wednesday and Friday Mornings
8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
The University of Texas at Dallas
800 W. Campbell Rd.
Classroom Building 3
Richardson, TX 75080
Enrollment fee: $500 plus $75 registration fee
Tricks for Talking is…
- Sponsored by the UT Dallas Callier Center for Communication Disorders.
- Is a comprehensive speech therapy experience for children who stutter who have completed kindergarten— children who have completed 5th grade.
- Combines individual speech therapy with group therapy.
- Provides a fun atmosphere where children learn strategies to improve speech fluency and modify their stuttering.
- Is a program developed by speech-language pathologists who tailor therapy to each child’s individual needs.
- Provides an opportunity to interact with other children who stutter and learn that it is ok to stutter!
- Offers a place where the whole family can learn to help children overcome their speech difficulty by attending the family education classes that run concurrently with the program.
The Program is Unique
Tricks for Talking’s philosophy is to help children who stutter learn more about their stuttering, realize they are not alone, feel good about themselves, and have fun. The program was developed to provide an opportunity to learn fluency enhancing and stuttering modification strategies and to practice them in an environment that enhances carryover into every day speech. Children practice newly acquired skills with one-on-one clinician support. The program combines direct instruction in fluency enhancing and stuttering modification techniques with games and other exciting activities, including:
- Videotaped productions.
- Interactive games.
- Dramatic play activities.
2013 Tricks for Talking flyer
Contact: Molly Augustine at (972) 883-3636 or