Career Courses for Credit
A variety of career exploration, internship/cooperative education (co-op) courses for credit are offered at UT Dallas.
Career Exploration Courses
One credit hour, upper level career exploration classes are offered each semester by the Career Center in conjunction with the schools of Arts and Humanities, Interdisciplinary Studies, Naveen Jindal School of Management, and Economic, Political and Policy Sciences.
The current courses offered are:
- BA 4101 — Careers in Management
- ISAH 3130 — Careers for Arts & Humanities Majors
- ISAH 3131 — Careers for ATEC Majors
- ISGS4V89 — Career Planning for Undeclared Majors
- PSY 3100 — Careers in Psychology
- SOCS 3111 — Careers in the Social Sciences
The School of Interdisciplinary Studies also offers an additional career exploration course:
- ISGS 1100 — Career Exploration: Health Professions
These courses provide you with the opportunity to learn more about yourself through the completion of various career assessments and exploration activities. There is also an emphasis upon developing effective interviewing skills, resumes and exploring job search techniques.
These courses are also available for credit in different formats. The Career Center offers
- BIS 4310 — Cooperative Education
- ISAH 4350 — Internship in Art & Performance
- MAIS 5V04 — Cooperative Education
- PSY 4395/CLDP 4395 — Co-op Fieldwork
BIS 4310 and MAIS 5V04 are generally open to students from a variety majors. The schools of Behavioral and Brain Sciences, EPPS, Interdiscipinary Studies, and Management also offer additional internship classes.
Please contact the Associate Director for Career Development at 972.883.2943 for information about these credit courses.