The internship program at The University of Texas at Dallas assists employers with the identification of qualified students to fill various part or full-time positions.
This partnership among employers, the university, and the students provides benefit to the students by allowing them to gain practical work experience related to their major.
Internships can be single semester or multiple semester opportunities, part-time or full-time, and paid or unpaid. Work schedules can be arranged in one of the following ways:
- Parallel — The student works while attending school
- Alternating — The student alternates between semesters of work and school
- Summer — The student only works over the summer
In order to be eligible for an internship at UT Dallas, students must (at a minimum):
- Be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program.
- Be in good academic standing (2.0 GPA for undergraduates, 3.0 GPA for graduates).
- Have completed at least 1 semester at UT Dallas. In addition, undergraduate students must have at least 24 hours completed (including transfer hours) and graduate students must have at least 6 hours completed.
- Meet any additional requirements imposed by the academic department or school.
Employers can choose to determine additional eligibility requirements for each internship position as needed.
- Be sure to notify the UT Dallas Career Center when you extend an offer to one of our students and confirm the student's employment with you each subsequent semester.
- Let the UT Dallas Career Center know if you would like to set up on-campus interviews for your internship opportunities.
- Be sure to complete the Online Employer Evaluation for each student and conduct a performance review at the end of each semester.
Please review the rest of this employer website for additional information.
If you are interested in beginning an internship partnership with UT Dallas or if you need assistance in implementing a new program, please email the Associate Director Career Services or call (972) 883-2943.