Position Openings and Applications
Externship/Job Shadowing Program
Please review the list of Explore the WOW! sponsors above to determine which ones you are interested in. Then, fill out the application form in its entirety, including ranking your top externship placement choices and return the application form to the Career Center. Methods for returning the application include email, fax, in-person, or mail.
PLEASE NOTE: Try to include 3 choices for possible externship placements; however, DO NOT include a choice on your list that you are not willing to commit to if assigned. Every effort will be made to match you to your top choice, but sponsors have the final say in most cases.
Points to remember
- Explore the WOW! will occur during Spring Break, March 12-16, 2012.
- Applications for SOYE participants are due by December 16, 2011.
- All other applications are due by January 31, 2012.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Your application is not complete unless it is accompanied by an updated copy of your resume.
- There are a limited number of externship spots available. Not all students who apply will be matched with an opportunity.
- Submitting your application confirms that you are COMMITTED to accepting a position if assigned.
- Assignments will be completed in early February and students will be notified the week of February 13, 2012 if they have been selected.
- You will be required to attend an orientation session the week of February 27, 2012 (specific dates/times TBA).
If you have questions about the Explore the WOW! program or about the application process, please contact the Career Center at (972) 883-2943.