Eligibility and Process
- Be registered and currently enrolled in a UT Dallas academic, degree-seeking program with a declared major.
- Be in good academic standing (2.0 cumulative GPA for undergraduate students and 3.0 cumulative GPA for graduate students.)
- Have completed at least one semester at UT Dallas. In addition, undergraduate students must have at least 24 hours completed (including transfer hours) and graduate students must have at least 6 hours completed. (You may begin the internship process if you anticipate being eligible the following semester.)
- Meet any additional requirements or conditions imposed by your academic department or school.
PLEASE NOTE: Graduate students are not eligible for an internship in the same semester they are working as a Teaching Assistant or a Research Assistant.
All interested students MUST complete the following steps
- Register for a CareerWorks account. Complete all required information and upload a resume.
- Attend an Internship Information Session. If you are unable to attend a session in person, there is an Online Internship Information Session available.
- Students on an F-1 Visa must attend a CPT Information Session IN PERSON prior to scheduling an appointment with an Internship Coordinator.
The online session will not substitute for attendance as it does not cover the required CPT information.
- EE/CS students must attend an IPP Orientation Session instead.
You will not be able to view internship positions until you receive this email from an Internship Coordinator!
PLEASE NOTE: Completing the registration process and meeting internship eligibility requirements does not guarantee a placement. Employers make the final hiring decisions.