Sophomore Year Experience (SOYE)
Sophomore year is often a time when students are beginning to explore career options. Many of these students are not yet eligible for an internship, but want to get some hands-on experience in some other way.
Explore the WOW! is a great way to get sophomores involved in their career planning early. This year, sophomore students have the option to sign up for an exclusive sophomore-only program option. Students who choose this option will have additional program-related requirements, but will also receive additional benefits.
SOYE Program Requirements
- Attendance at two Career Center seminars during January/February. The list of approved seminars with dates and times will be provided after program acceptance.
- Participation in focus group after externship in late March.
- Meeting with Internship Coordinator prior to Spring Break for directed internship assistance (for a summer internship — if eligible).
- Participation in focus group after summer internship, if applicable.
SOYE Program Benefits
- Guaranteed externship placement during Spring Break. All efforts will be made to place students with a position that relates to their major and/or career interest.
- Directed internship assistance for a summer internship, provided students meet minimum internship eligibility criteria.
Sophomores who are interested in participating in the SOYE Explore the WOW! must indicate this on the application in the space required. Sophomore applicants who do not indicate interest in the SOYE option will be included in the general applicant pool.