The UT Dallas Cheerleaders is a co-ed team whose primary focus is to elevate school spirit on campus. The cheerleaders can be found leading the crowd in both the fall and spring semesters at women's volleyball or at men's and women's basketball games. They can also be seen at many campus events with special performances during Welcome Week and Homecoming. In April, the cheerleaders compete at the NCA Collegiate National Championship in Daytona Beach, FL.
Cheerleading Tryouts 2017
We are still accepting applications for the 2017-2018 UT Dallas Cheerleading Team.
Please contact Jason Dollar for questions regarding specific requirements, to set up a private tryout, or for information regarding a tryout by video.
- Incoming freshmen are eligible to tryout.
- Transfer students with 2.0 GPA or higher are eligible to tryout.
- UT Dallas students must be enrolled full-time (12 hours) in order to tryout.
- All required paperwork (proof of admission, proof of insurance and application) must be submitted.
Complete the following forms:
Camps and Practices
Practice times for fall and spring semesters:
- Mondays 7-9:30 a.m.
- Tuesdays 7-9:30 a.m.
- Thursdays 7-9:30 a.m.
- Pre Camp practices will be held in Recreation Center West July 17-20, 2017. Times TBD.
- Camp location: Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX
- Camp dates: July 22-24
The UT Dallas cheerleaders cheer all home games. Home games are generally on:
- Tuesday evenings
- Thursday evenings
- Saturday afternoons and/or evenings
If chosen to represent UT Dallas at the NCA Collegiate National Championship, you will be asked to travel to Daytona Beach, FL the beginning of April. Also, if chosen you may be required to practice during spring break due to the timing of the championship.
Since UT Dallas is a NCAA Division III school, we do not offer scholarships for cheerleading. The University does pay for all uniforms, camp, and travel expenses to games. Uniform expenses paid for by the University include:
- Practice gear
Cheerleaders at UT Dallas also enjoy priority enrollment, which means you are the first to enroll per semester no matter your classification.
Head Coach, Spirit Coordinator
Request an appearance for cheerleaders to attend your event.