The UT Dallas cheerleading squad cheers ats all home basketball games (men and women) and volleyball games.
You can find the cheerleaders at various campus and community special events.
UT Dallas cheerleaders traveled to Daytona Beach, Florida on April 11th, 2012 to participate in the 2012 NCA College Cheerleading and Dance Team National Championships.
Tryout Dates and Times
Tryout details coming soon. For information, contact Briana Lemos at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 972-883-6159.
Males – Athletic shorts, shoes and T-shirt. Please be “game day presentable”.
Females – Cheer shoes, spankies, sports bra, bow. Make up done, hair half up half down.
Each person trying out will need to perform three jumps, standing and running tumbling, two stunts, and UT Dallas fight song and cheer (taught on Saturday).
Students can try out for large coed, small coed, and all girl squads. Teams will be determined based on numbers and ability.
Tryouts will take place in the UT Dallas Activities Center Main Gym.
Current, full-time UT Dallas student with at least a 2.0 GPA. Incoming freshmen must show proof of UT Dallas acceptance.
- Minimum requirements
- Running: round-off back handspring
- Standing: back handspring
- Advanced skills are welcome
- Back tuck
- Handspring to back tuck
- Running back handspring back tuck or layout
- Minimum requirements
- 3 jumps
- Stunting (flyer, base, or backspot)
Since UT Dallas is a NCAA Division III school, we do not offer scholarships for cheerleading. The University does pay for all uniforms, camp, and travel to out of town games.
We practice 3 times a week for 2-3 hours at a time. We have a full 9 panel mat competition floor and we practice in a full-size gym. You are required to schedule work around practice and games.
Cheerleaders at UT Dallas also enjoy “priority enrollment” which means you are the first to enroll no matter your classification.
All uniform expenses paid for by the University include:
- Practice gear
- 3 uniforms
All travel expenses are covered by the University.
Interesting in joining? Download and complete the following documents:
- Incoming freshmen are eligible to tryout.
- Transfer students with 2.0 GPA or higher are eligible to tryout.
- All required paperwork (proof of admission, proof of insurance, application and one letter of recommendation) along with a $20 non-refundable fee.
- Current UT Dallas students must be enrolled full-time (12 hours) in order to tryout.