Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to complete a separate application to be reviewed for a Diversity Scholarship?

Yes, you will need to complete a separate application, which can be found here.

How should I submit my Diversity Scholarship Application?

We accept only online applications available here. No late applications will be accepted.

Can you use my recommendation letter that was included with my admissions application?

No; unfortunately, we do not have access to admission documents. Please also submit a letter of recommendation with your Diversity Scholarship Application.

Who should I have a recommendation letter from?

We will accept a letter of recommendation from a professor/teacher or counselor/advisor signed by the individual writing the letter. Letters of recommendation can be submitted with the application or separately by the professor/teacher or counselor/advisor.

How many letters of recommendations should I submit for the scholarship?

We only require one letter of recommendation for scholarship consideration.

How will I know that my application has been received?

A confirmation will be sent within two (2) business days to the e-mail address on the scholarship application when the application has been received in our office. A separate confirmation will be sent to the e-mail address on the application once we receive a Letter of Recommendation.

If I started my application before the deadline, but I submitted it after 11:59 p.m. Central Time, will my application be accepted?

No, all applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Central Time. The website will immediately close at 11:59 p.m. Central Time and no other applications will be accepted after this time.

What are your busines hours?

We are open on Mondays – Fridays, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Do I need to submit my transcript separately for the Diversity Scholars Program?

No, we do not require transcripts for your scholarship application.

Do I need to submit confirmation or proof of my FAFSA/TAFSA submission for the Diversity Scholars Program?

No, we will review your Financial Aid information when your scholarship application is reviewed.

Do I need accept my admissions to UT Dallas by the scholarship deadline to apply for the Diversity Scholars Program?

No, you will only need to be admitted to the University by the scholarship deadline.

One of the requirements ask that I must participate in academic check-ins and volunteer for the Office of Diversity and Community Engagement, do I need to do this prior to applying?

No, you will begin your academic check-ins with your appointed scholarship advisor and your scholarship volunteer hours once you have been accepted into the program.

One of the requirements ask that I must attend a Freshman or Transfer Student Orientation, do I need to do this prior to applying?

No, Orientations are not held until summer. We will confirm that you have attended or plan to attend an Orientation once you have been accepted into the program.

Is this scholarship available for Spring 2018?

No, we only offer this scholarship annually in the fall semester.

I am a current student and started in Spring 2018, will I be eligible to apply?

No, only incoming undergraduate students starting their first semester at UT Dallas in Fall 2018 will be eligible for the 2018-2019 Diversity Scholarship.

Is this scholarship available for Summer 2018?

No, only incoming undergraduate students starting their first semester at UT Dallas in Fall 2018 will be eligible for the 2018-2019 Diversity Scholarship.

I am a current student and started in Summer 2018, will I be eligible to apply?

I have not been admitted to UT Dallas by the scholarship deadline, will I be eligible to apply?

Yes, even if you have not been admitted to UT Dallas, please submit your scholarship application by the appointed deadline; we will review your admissions status when your scholarship application is reviewed.

I have not submitted my FAFSA/TAFSA by the scholarship deadline, will I be eligible to apply?

Yes, even if you have not submitted your FAFSA/TAFSA, please submit your scholarship application by the appointed deadline; we will review your Financial Aid information when your scholarship application is reviewed.

I am an international student, will I be eligible to apply?

Yes, this scholarship is open to all incoming undergraduate students in their first semester of Fall 2018. We understand international students cannot apply for FAFSA/TAFSA, but we will review your information when your scholarship application is reviewed.

I am applying for my second undergraduate degree, will I be eligible to apply?

No, you must be enrolling for your first undergraduate degree to be eligible for the Diversity Scholars Program.

I am applying for an undergraduate certification, will I be eligible to apply?

No, you must be enrolling in an undergraduate degree program to be eligible for the Diversity Scholars Program.

I am applying for graduate school, will I be eligible to apply?

No, you must be enrolling in an undergraduate degree program to be eligible for the Diversity Scholars Program.

I am a high school senior, but I have taken college classes as part of my school’s dual credit program. Do I apply as a First Time or Transfer Student?

First Time in College Student; even though you have completed college courses, you will still need to apply as a First Time in College Student.

If I am accepted into the program, but decide to go to another school, can I use the scholarship at that school?

No, the Diversity Scholars Program can only be used at UT Dallas.

When and how will I receive my scholarship?

Scholarships will be disbursed between the first day of class and Census Day directly to your tuition and funds.

Do I need to reapply each academic year to renew my scholarship?

No, once you have been accepted into the program, the scholarship will automatically renew for eight semesters if you have met all the scholarship requirements or until you graduate.

For More Information

For more information about the Diversity Scholars Program, contact [email protected]allas.edu. Additional UT Dallas scholarship information is available on the Financial Aid Office website.