Policies & Procedures
Each group with participants age 19 and under must have adult counselors reside on campus with them. The counselor to participant ratio is 1:12 for 12 to 14 year olds and 1:24 for 15 to 19 year olds.
Guaranteed numbers for housing and dining are due 21 days prior to the first day of the camp/conference.
Guaranteed numbers for parking and Activity Center are due 7 days prior to the first day of camp/conference.
Roster with birthdates is required 21 days prior to the first day of the camp/conference.
All marketing materials for the overnight event must be submitted prior to their release.
Internal Group - all participants are UT Dallas students, faculty and/or staff.
Sponsored Group - a UT Dallas department invites and jointly supports the group and is in compliance with the Regents' Rules and Regulations, Rule 80105-Joint Sponsorship of the Use of Property or Building.
- must not be political or sectarian,
- must have an evident education implication, and
- must not result in financial gain for the invited individual, group, association or corporation.
External Group - not internal or sponsored. All external groups may only use Special Use Facilities and Residential Conference Centers in accordance with the Regents' Rules and Regulations, Rule 80106- Special Use Facilities and Regents' Rules and Regulations, Rule 80112-Residential Conference Centers.
The camp/conference director must provide and maintain a policy of comprehensive general liability and property damage insurance. The limit of liability for each occurrence shall not be less than one million dollars ($1,000,000) for bodily injury or death of a person and one million dollars ($1,000,000) for property damage.
All certificates of insurance must name The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System and The University of Texas at Dallas certificate holders.
Internal Groups can purchase insurance at an affordable rate through the UT System Office of Risk Management. Forms are available for UT Dallas internal or sponsored groups:
External Groups may provide their own insurance or purchase Tenant Users Liability Insurance (TULIP) through UT Dallas. Groups interested in purchasing TULIP insurance will work through Residential Camps & Conference Services to do so.
Additional requirements for risk management will be discussed with each group on a case by case basis.
Each participant must submit the following forms prior to or at check in:
- Release and Indemnification Form
- Medical Information and Release Form
Criminal Background Checks
In accordance with UT Dallas Handbook of Operating Procedures (UTDBP3000, 3.4), any individual who engages in activities with minors is required to complete a criminal background check. Each person working with a camp/conference must show proof of a completed criminal background check.
Safety for Minors
UT Dallas expects all its 2012 summer camps or conferences to be in compliance with §51.976 of the Texas Education Code, which requires all employees or volunteers having any supervisory role or unsupervised interaction with minors attending a camp or conference on a university campus to take a training program for the prevention of sexual abuse and child molestation.
In addition to taking the training, you must complete the Campus Program for Minors information Form and turn a copy in to both the Texas Department of State Health Services and to Residential Camp & Conference Services.
Your training must be completed prior to your group’s arrival this summer. UT Dallas has developed an approved training program to help you meet this new requirement. If you utilize the UT Dallas Training, please use Training Course Approval Number CPM12-0071 when you are filling out the form to send to the Texas Department of State Health Services.
If you are a UT Dallas employee, student or volunteer with a UTD NetID:
- Please fill out the eLearning Enrollment Sheet and email it to Mousumi Tanha.
- Once you are added, Mousumi will send you an email to log into Galaxy and take the training via eLearning.
- You may check the training status of everyone in your group by emailing Mousumi Tanha.
- Once everyone in your group has completed the training with a 100 percent passing score, fill out the Campus Program for Minors information form and send a copy to both the Department of State Health Services and to Residential Camp & Conference Services. The Training Course Approval Number is CPM12-0071.
If you are not an employee of UT Dallas but will work for a camp on the UT Dallas campus, or if you are a UT Dallas employee without a UTD NetID:
- Please review and study the training module for third-party camp counselors.
- After review, take the child protection exam and compare your answers to the ones found on the answer key. Participants must earn a 100 percent passing score.
- Afterward, print the child protection training review certificate, which acknowledges completion of the review materials.
- Forward the printed certificate to the camp or clinic director, coordinator or organizer.
- The camp or clinic director, coordinator or organizer will fill out the Campus Program for Minors form (CPMForm for DSHS.doc) and turn it in to the Texas Department of State Health Services and to UT Dallas Residential Camps & Conference Services. The Training Course Approval Number is CPM12-0071.
Program directors may also use the above training module to train their employees in person.
Alternative Training Programs
- Employees, student workers or volunteers may take the training through any Texas Department of State Health Services approved training program. See the program list for more information.
- Several companies also offer approved online training options, including: