What is the Comet Connection?
The Comet Connection is specifically for students who begin at community college and know they would like to complete their degree at The University of Texas at Dallas. This unique program invites transfer students to become acquainted with the many services available to UT Dallas students.
Comet Connection members build a close association with UT Dallas. In addition to invitations to exclusive Comet Connection events, participants receive:
- Tuition Savings: Participate in the UT Dallas Guaranteed Tuition Plan.
- Deferred Admission: Defer admission for up to 12 months.
- Degree Completion: Transfer UT Dallas course credit back to your community college to complete your associate degree.
- Early Advice: Meet one-on-one with UT Dallas academic advisors.
- Career Preparation: Access to pre-health professions and pre-law advising centers
- Library Privileges: Use the UT Dallas Library through the TexShare program.
- Student Discounts: Join us at campus and athletic events and get the Comet Connection student rate.
The Office of Admission & Enrollment Services works closely with Comet Connection counselors to provide training and support to ensure that each student receives benefits from the program. Comet Connection services include:
- Partnering with a UT Dallas admissions counselor.
- Pre-admission counseling.
- Training in the Comet Connection program.
- Training in Course Applicability System (CAS).
- Training in UT Dallas' Guaranteed Tuition Plan.
- Offers for reverse transfer of credit.
- Scholarship information.
- Attending regional Comet Connection Expos.
All two-year colleges in the state of Texas are participating partners in the UT Dallas Comet Connection program.
Learn more about the Comet Connection by contacting Enrollment Services Advisors at 972-883-2270 or