First-time clients must schedule their first appointment in person. Visit the Student Counseling Center during business hours to complete initial intake paperwork.
- Intake paperwork takes 20-30 minutes to complete.
- You will need your Comet Card or should know your 10-digit student ID number (not your NetID).
- Intake forms are only available digitally in the Student Counseling Center.
- After completion, you will be scheduled for an intake session.
- Intake forms may not be completed during the 60 minutes prior to the center closing.
During your intake session, you will discuss your concerns and goals to assist both you and your counselor about how you can best be helped. These recommendations may include individual, couple or group counseling, or a referral to an on or off-campus service that may be more appropriate to your needs.
You will need to arrive to your intake session 10 minutes early. If you are not here by that time, your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
- Counseling sessions are for currently enrolled students only.
- Appointments are confidential.
- Appointments typically last 45-50 minutes.
- If you are 10 minutes late, you will be asked to reschedule.
Having Academic Difficulties? Need a Letter?
The Student Counseling Center does not provide letters of support for non-academic withdrawal for students unless they have been in ongoing treatment.