Requirements for Completion
This list is not exhaustive of the expectations for intern experiences. However, at a minimum for successful completion of the internship, interns are required to meet the following requirements:
- 500 Direct Service Hours — Direct service includes individual, group, and couples counseling, crisis intervention, consultation with clients or concerned family members/staff/faculty, providing outreach services, providing supervision, leading psycho-educational trainings to trainees and staff & conducting assessments.
- Quarterly Completion of the Intern Log which documents the 2,000-hour internship and direct service requirements.
- Completion of Two Psychological Assessment Batteries — The number and type of assessments in each battery may vary. At a minimum, a battery must include an intelligence and an achievement test, as well as a measure(s) of personality functioning.
- Participation in Six Outreach Activities — Interns are expected to present in workshops, classroom presentations and awareness tables. In addition interns are expected to participate in four outreach activities such as creating an awareness table or presenting to a class.
- Completion of an Intern Individual or Group Outreach Project — Interns will complete an intern outreach project, approved by the Outreach Coordinator.
- Completion of Two Formal Case Presentations — Interns write and present a formal case presentation once each semester in the Staff group supervision.
- Clinical Topic Presentations — Interns will present a clinical topic presentation to practicum students in the Practicum Training Seminar. Interns will also present a Clinical Applications presentation in the Clinical Issues seminar to staff and fellow interns.
- Completion of Supervision of Supervision Paper — Interns are expected to write a supervision reflection paper at the conclusion of their provision of supervision experience.
- Co-Facilitation of a Group with a Senior Staff Member — At a minimum, interns are required to co-facilitate at least one group during their internship year.
- Successful Attainment of Minimum Thresholds for Identified Competencies on Evaluation Forms.